Since founding Saunders & Silverstein LLP in 2006, Matt Saunders has concentrated his practice on trademarks and copyrights and related transactional and enforcement matters.He is trusted by clients of all sizes and industries to manage domestic and international trademark portfolios and provide strategic counseling in connection with trademark selection, registration, licensing and enforcement. Matt also regularly advises clients based outside the United States with respect to trademark clearance, registration, and enforcement strategy in the United States. He represents domestic and foreign clients in trademark Opposition and Cancellation proceedings before the United States Patent & Trademark Office’s Trademark Trial and Appeal Board.
Matt also regularly counsels clients through trademark and copyright disputes, from initial cease and desist demands to settlement agreements.
Some of Matt’s more notable clients include Under Armour, The Hershey Company, Shop-Vac USA, the University of New Hampshire, and Cengage Learning.
Matt received his law degree from the University of New Hampshire Franklin Pierce School of Law.
- Registration of hundreds of trademarks with the United States Patent and Trademark Office.
- ConductedUS and international trademark clearance for international athletic apparel company.
- Counseled state university system on trademark application and enforcement strategy.
- Conducted on-site trademark audit for international confectionery and snack food company.
- Successfully represented foreign and domestic clients in trademark opposition and cancellation proceedings before the Trademark Trial and Appeal Board.
- Advised foreign law firms regarding US trademark filing strategies for their clients.
- International Trademark Association – Member, Public Information Committee
- Boston Bar Association
- New Hampshire Bar Association
- New Hampshire
- U.S. District Court, District of New Hampshire
- U.S. District Court, District of Massachusetts