Jamie has passionately counseled multinational companies, local businesses, non-profits, and start-ups in the field of trademark and copyright law for more than 17 years. She has significant experience with strategic trademark and copyright protection, enforcement, defense, transactions, and litigation. Jamie has practiced extensively before the U.S. Patent and Trademark Office, the U.S. Copyright Office, and the Trademark Trial and Appeal Board (TTAB), as well as in federal court. She also routinely handles Uniform Domain Name Dispute Resolution Policy proceedings, including before the National Arbitration Forum and WIPO, and has considerable experience taking down infringing domain names and online content on websites and social media platforms, and in mobile applications.
On a daily basis, you will find Jamie managing worldwide trademark, copyright, and domain name portfolios, providing strategic intellectual property (IP) advice, enforcing and defending client’s IP rights worldwide, settling infringement disputes, negotiating IP agreements, or litigating before the TTAB and in court. Over the course of her career, Jamie has registered hundreds of trademarks with the U.S. Patent and Trademark Office, taken down thousands of infringing domain names, websites, and mobile apps, and resolved a high percentage of infringement disputes in her client’s favor without resorting to litigation.
Clients regularly praise Jamie’s accessibility and her ability to creatively solve problems and resolve disputes. Jamie has been recognized as a top trademark attorney by World Trademark Review WTR 1000 (2021, 2022) and by the Super Lawyers organization for her IP practice in Connecticut (2022). She was also ranked among World IP Forum’s 250 Powerful Women in IP (2021).
Jamie has been an International Trademark Association (INTA) committee member since 2014 and currently serves on the Internet Committee. She is a co-author of the 2022 book Women in Law: Discovering the True Meaning of Success, and regularly speaks and writes on trademark and copyright issues.
- Successfully registered hundreds of trademarks with the U.S. Patent and Trademark Office
- Assisted a major toy company take down more than 1,000 infringing mobile applications
- Taken down thousands of infringing domain names and websites
- Favorably resolved hundreds of trademark disputes over the last 17 years
- Perfect success rate for 15+ Uniform Domain Name Dispute Resolution proceedings
- February 7, 2023 – Alt Legal Connect – Trade Dress for Success: Strategies for Securing Trade Dress Protection
- January 17, 2023 – New York State Bar Association – NYSBA Antitrust Law Section Annual Meeting – Diversity Panel
- December 1, 2022 – Connecticut Bar Association – Ethical Practices for Communications with Clients, Opposing Parties, and the USPTO
- October 19, 2022 – Minority Corporate Counsel Association – MCCA Creating Pathways to Diversity Conference – Women in Law Discovering the True Meaning of Success
- May 24, 2022 – eWomenNetwork – Trademarks: Choosing, Searching, and Registering Brand Names, Logos, and Slogans
- December 7, 2021 – Connecticut Bar Association – Hot Topics in Ethics for Intellectual Property Attorneys, Moderator
- October 14, 2021 – Lawline CLE – Effective Strategies to Successfully Resolve U.S. Trademark Disputes
- May 27, 2021 – Webinar – Strategies to Boost Your Social Media Content and Your Revenue
- March 26, 2021 – C3 Collaborative – Intellectual Property Issues Related to Creating Courses
- February 16, 2021 –EnVision + Thrive Academy – Trademark Searching, Registration, and Enforcement
- January 27, 2021 – eWomenNetwork – Innovative Solutions to Optimize Your Social Media Content and Boost Your Revenue
- September 22, 2020 – Avon Chamber of Commerce –Trademarks: Choosing, Searching, and Registering Brand Names, Logos, and Slogans
- September 15, 2020 – Connecticut Bar Association – Connecticut Legal Conference – Anatomy of a Trademark Case
- Fall 2020 – University of Hartford Entrepreneurial Center and Women’s Business Center – Three Part Trademark Legal Series
- June 25, 2020 – Webinar – Registering and Enforcing Trademarks in the U.S., EU, and Switzerland
- June 8, 2020 – Webinar – Choosing, Searching, and Registering Brand Names, Logos, and Slogans
- February 22, 2020 – Upward Hartford – Branding Basics
- Fit to Practice – Episode 158 – April 19, 2022 – The human behind the trademark attorney
- Mom Life and Law – Episode 47 – June 22, 2021 – Building a Network on LinkedIn
- Success Street – Episode 17 – May 4, 2021 – Top Trademark & Copyright Tips for Social Media
- Success Showcase – Episode 136 – July 2020 – Trademarks
- Behind the Brand – Episode 17 – May 25, 2020 – Trademarks
- Hey Justin Young – Episode 4 – October 2019 – Protecting Your Intellectual Property