Michael’s practice specializes in providing strategic legal advice on establishing and defending brand assets including trademarks, copyrights, trade dress, trade secrets and domain names. Michael counsels clients across a wide range of industries including footwear and apparel, beverage, luggage, medical devices, gaming software and industrial products. Michael assists brand owners in the exploitation and enforcement of their brands throughout the world with particular experience in developing andexecuting complex trademark and trade dress prosecution strategies,handling disputes before the U.S. Trademark Trial and Appeal Board, negotiating licensing contracts and co-branding agreements, implementing trademark and copyright clearance and registration programs, anti-piracy, and enforcement. Prior to joining Saunders & Silverstein,Michael was a senior associate in the intellectual property group of an AmLaw 100 firm.
- Assisted well–known footwear and apparel brands in seeking registration and enforcing complex trade dress for iconic designs.
- Advised Japanese video game manufacturer on US trademark clearance and registration programs.
- Prepared and negotiated license, sponsorship, co-branding and revenue sharing agreements for beverage industry client.
- Counseled educational publisher on portfolio development and brand protection across its divisions.
- International Trademark Association (INTA)
- Washington, DC
- New York