For more than 15 years, Jamie’s practice has focused on strategic counseling, prosecution, enforcement, and transactions with respect to trademarks, copyrights, and domain names. Jamie advises clients all over the country and the world on obtaining and maintaining U.S. and foreign trademark protection, including prosecuting trademark applications before the U.S. Patent and Trademark Office, working with trademark counsel worldwide to register trademarks, and analyzing the availability of marks for use and registration.
In addition, Jamie develops and implements strategies to enforce and defend intellectual property assets and negotiates resolutions to disputes. She litigates intellectual property disputes before the Trademark Trial and Appeal Board, in federal court, and around the world with foreign counsel. Jamie routinely enforces trademarks and copyrighted material on the Internet, including handling Uniform Domain Name Dispute Resolution proceedings and taking infringing material down from websites, mobile applications, and social media platforms. Jamie’s practice also includes the negotiation and preparation of trademark and copyright assignments and licenses and trademark consent and coexistence agreements.
Clients regularly praise Jamie’s responsiveness, her ability to creatively solve problems, and how easy it is to work with her. Jamie was recognized as a top trademark attorney in the 2021 edition of World Trademark Review WTR 1000 and is ranked among World IP Forum’s 2021 list of 250 Powerful Women in IP.
Jamie routinely speaks on trademark and copyright issues and actively uses LinkedIn to educate businesses and professionals about topics in the world of trademarks.
- Successfully registered hundreds of trademarks with the U.S. Patent and Trademark Office.
- Assisted a major toy company take down more than 1,000 infringing mobile applications.
- Taken down hundreds of infringing domain names and websites on behalf of clients.
- Managed worldwide trademark portfolios and enforcement for several Fortune 500 companies.
- Favorably settled or resolved countless trademark disputes, including before the Trademark Trial and Appeal Board and before federal courts nationwide.
- Handled more than 15 successful Uniform Domain Name Dispute Resolution proceedings on behalf of clients such as priceline.com LLC, Cengage Learning, Inc., and Otis Elevator Company
- October 14, 2021 –Lawline CLE –Effective Strategies to Successfully Resolve U.S. Trademark Disputes
- May 27, 2021 –Webinar –Strategies to Boost Your Social Media Content and Your Revenue
- March 26, 2021 –C3 Collaborative –Intellectual Property Issues Related to Creating Courses
- February 16, 2021 –EnVision + Thrive Academy –Trademark Searching, Registration, and Enforcement
- January 27, 2021 –eWomenNetwork -Innovative Solutions to Optimize Your Social Media Content and Boost Your Revenue
- September 22, 2020 –Avon Chamber of Commerce –Trademarks: Choosing, Searching, and Registering Brand Names, Logos, and Slogans
- September 15, 2020 –Connecticut Bar Association –Connecticut Legal Conference –Anatomy of a Trademark Case
- Fall 2020 -University of Hartford Entrepreneurial Center and Women’s Business Center –Three Part Trademark Legal Series
- June 25, 2020 –Webinar -Registering and Enforcing Trademarks in the U.S., EU, and Switzerland
- June 8, 2020 –Webinar -Choosing, Searching, and Registering Brand Names, Logos, and Slogans
- February 22, 2020 –Upward Hartford -Branding Basics
- Mom Life and Law –Episode 47 –June 22, 2021–Building a Network on LinkedIn
- Success Street –Episode 17 -May 4, 2021 –Top Trademark & Copyright Tips for SocialMedia
- Success Showcase –Episode 136 –July 2020 -Trademarks
- Behind the Brand –Episode 17 –May 25, 2020 -Trademarks
- Hey Justin Young –Episode 4 –October 2019 –Protecting Your Intellectual Property
- International Trademark Association (INTA)
– Famous and Well-Known Marks Committee and Former Member, Emerging Issues Committee
- Connecticut Bar Association
– Intellectual Property Law Section, Executive Committee Member
- Women of Innovation Awards
– Committee Member and Judge
- New Hampshire (inactive)
- Vermont (inactive)
- U.S. District Court, District of Massachusetts
- U.S. District Court, District of New Hampshire
- U.S. District Court, District of Vermont
- University of New Hampshire Franklin Pierce School of Law
- Tufts University