Michael’s practice specializes in providing strategic legal advice on establishing and defending brand assets including trademarks, copyrights, trade dress, trade secrets and domain names. Michael counsels clients across a wide range of industries including beverage, apparel, luggage, medical device, gaming software and industrial products. Michael assists brand owners in the exploitation and enforcement of their brands throughout the world with particular experience in negotiating licensing contracts and co-branding agreements, implementing trademark and copyright clearance and registration programs, anti-piracy, litigation and enforcement. Prior to joining Saunders & Silverstein Michael was a senior associate in the intellectual property group of an AmLaw 100 firm.
- Advised Japanese video game manufacturer on US trademark clearance and registration programs.
- Prepared and negotiated license, sponsorship, co-branding and revenue sharing agreements for beverage industry client.
- Counseled educational publisher on portfolio development and brand protection across its divisions.
- Counseled global specialty chemicals company (former division of GE Company) on anti-piracy measures and commercial issues relating to licensing and repackaging agreement.
- Designed and implemented comprehensive brand enforcement and protection strategy for Fortune 500 financial firm.
- Coordinated team of attorneys in IP due diligence project in connection with a $4.1 billion divestiture of healthcare products company.
- Lead counsel in trademark litigation resulting in favorable settlement for energy drink client.
- International Trademark Association (INTA)
- Washington, DC
- New York