Matt Saunders concentrates his practice on trademarks and copyrights and related transactional and litigation matters. He is trusted by clients of all sizes and industries to manage domestic and international trademark portfolios and provide strategic counseling in connection with trademark selection, registration, licensing and enforcement. Matt also regularly advises clients based outside the United States with respect to US trademark application and enforcement strategy. He represents domestic and foreign clients in trademark Opposition and Cancellation proceedings before the United States Patent & Trademark Office’s Trademark Trial and Appeal Board.
Matt also advises clients in transactional matters including copyright licensing, terms of service and privacy policies for online services and mobile applications, and web and software development and licensing agreements. He regularly counsels clients through copyright and trademark disputes, from initial cease and desist demands to litigation in federal court.
Some of Matt’s more notable clients include the University of New Hampshire, Cengage Learning, American Flag Football League, the University System of New Hampshire, Under Armour, and the Massachusetts Bar Association.
Matt received his law degree from Franklin Pierce Law Center (now University of New Hampshire School of Law).
- Conducted US and international trademark clearance for international athletic apparel company.
- Counseled state university system on trademark application and enforcement strategy.
- Conducted on-site trademark audit for international confectionery and snack food company.
- Successfully represented foreign and domestic clients in trademark opposition and cancellation proceedings before the Trademark Trial and Appeal Board.
- Advised foreign law firms regarding US trademark filing strategies for their clients.
- Prepared terms of service and privacy policies for online and mobile services clients.
- Negotiated and prepared software license agreements and master services agreements for web and software development companies.
- International Trademark Association – Member, Law Firm Committee
- New Hampshire Bar Association – Chair, Intellectual Property Committee
- Boston Bar Association
- New Hampshire
- U.S. District Court, District of New Hampshire
- U.S. District Court, District of Massachusetts