Matt Saunders concentrates his practice on trademarks and copyrights and related transactional and enforcement matters. He is trusted by clients of all sizes and industries to manage domestic and international trademark portfolios and provide strategic counseling in connection with trademark selection, registration, licensing and enforcement. Matt also regularly advises clients based outside the United States with respect to US trademark application and enforcement strategy. He represents domestic and foreign clients in trademark Opposition and Cancellation proceedings before the United States Patent & Trademark Office’s Trademark Trial and Appeal Board.
Matt also advises clients in transactional matters including copyright licensing, terms of service and privacy policies for online services and mobile applications, and web and software development and licensing agreements. He regularly counsels clients through copyright and trademark disputes, from initial cease and desist demands to litigation in federal court.
Some of Matt’s more notable clients include the Under Armour, Hershey, the University of New Hampshire, Cengage Learning, the American Flag Football League, and the Massachusetts Bar Association
Matt received his law degree from the University of New Hampshire Franklin Pierce School of Law.
- Conducts US and international trademark clearance for international athletic apparel company.
- Counsels state university system on trademark application and enforcement strategy.
- Conducted on-site trademark audit for international confectionery and snack food company.
- Successfully represented foreign and domestic clients in trademark opposition and cancellation proceedings before the Trademark Trial and Appeal Board.
- Advised foreign law firms regarding US trademark filing strategies for their clients.
- Prepared terms of service and privacy policies for online and mobile services clients.
- Negotiated and prepared software license agreements and master services agreements for web and software development companies.
- International Trademark Association – Member, Public Information Committee
- Boston Bar Association
- New Hampshire Bar Association
- New Hampshire
- U.S. District Court, District of New Hampshire
- U.S. District Court, District of Massachusetts